Unfortunately Instagram doesn’t have the option to use repost pictures in-app. However, you don’t have to ask a person to send you their photo if you want to share it yourself. All you need to do is get an external app.
How do I get an external app for reposting?
As mentioned above, it isn’t possible in the Instagram app. So you need to get an external repost app for Instagram. Follow these steps to get yourself the app and start reposting on Instagram:
- Enter the App Store or Google Play.
- Find Repost for Instagram app.
- Download it (There are others, but Repost for Instagram is the most popular).
- Log-in normally on Instagram.
- Find a picture you want to repost.
- Tap Repost at the bottom of the picture.
- Confirm your image. You can also change the dimensions of the image.
- Give permission – this gives the external app consent to perform an action on your behalf on Instagram.
With that, you will have reposted an image on Instagram. Repost when you see someone else’s photo that you think your audience will appreciate. Photos will be published with all credits given to the original poster.