Consider the audience you want to target and how you want to convince them about your services. You have to figure this out first, then you can create an ad.
Here are a few targeting methods for video ads:
1. YouTube lets you choose the demographic details of your audience as well as their interests. Pick from available audience categories to reach people interested in certain topics.
- Affinity audiences: Raise brand awareness and connected with potentially interested users with your TrueView video ads by reaching people who already have a strong interest in relevant topics.
- Custom affinity audiences: With custom affinity audiences, you can create audiences that are more tailored to your brands, compared to the TV-like affinity audiences.
- In-market audiences: Select from these audiences to find customers who are researching products and actively considering buying a service or product like the ones you offer.
2. You can also use video remarketing – that means reaching viewers based on their past interactions with your videos, TrueView, or YouTube channel.
3. While targeting, you can also target unique channels or websites, as well as specific topics by ‘Topic targeting’.
4. You also can target your ads with ‘Keywords targeting’, choosing keywords related to your YouTube video, YouTube channel, or type of website that your audience is interested in.
So how do I choose a targeting method?
You have to click the Video targeting tab in your AdWords account, and select an ad group. Then follow the steps from ad targeting methods until you have your ad group. You can also add targeting directly to an ad group by selecting it on the ‘Ad groups’ tab or in the left-hand navigation pane.
- What types of ads can I use on YouTube?
- How do I start advertising on YouTube?
- Should I manage my ads on Youtube alone or should I hire an agency?