To make direct contact with someone on Instagram, you have to send a personalized message. Instagram Direct is a feature that lets you do this – sending direct messages over Instagram. It allows you to send messages to one specific person or a group of people.
With it you can send a message containing:
- Photos or videos.
- Instagram posts.
- Your location.
People who are sent a message will receive a notification about it. To see the message sent by Instagram Direct, tap the box icon in the upper right corner of the news. You can manage your sent and received messages here.
Photos and videos sent by Instagram Direct are visible only to people already authorized to view them. Posts sent as a message from a personal account will be visible only to people who follow the account.
How do I send a picture or video in Instagram Direct?
- Tap the box icon in the upper right corner of the news feed.
- Tap the plus icon in the upper right corner.
- Tap ‘Send a photo or video’ or tap ‘Send a message.’
- Tap Library to add a photo or video, or make a new photo or video.
- Add optional effects, filters and a description.
- Tap Send.
If you send a message to someone who you are not following, post will go to the inbox of the person as an invitation. After accepting the first message next will hit already straight to her inbox.