It is possible to change the title and description of your YouTube videos. Sometimes you make a mistake or come up with a better title or description, and need to change it. Thankfully, Youtube lets you edit the description, title, or thumbnail, of your videos whenever you want. You can make changes to your video using the video’s Info and Settings page.
- Go to your channel’s Video Manager. You’ll see a list of all your uploaded videos.
- Find the video you want to edit, then click ‘Edit’ under the video title.
- On the Info and Settings page you’ll see three tabs, depending on your account type:
- Basic info: Change video title, description, tags, category, privacy. Note: You can use most characters to fill in the information in video fields (like title or description), except angle brackets.
- Monetization: See the options for monetizing your video. Learn more about monetizing your content.
- Advanced settings: Change comments permissions, subscriber notification preferences, license, caption, video location, recording date, and 3D video options.
Any of these things can be changed by you any time you want. But remember not to change it too often because this can make it more difficult for people to find who, especially anyone looking for it.