Are you a regular user or a business that wants to see who follows you on Facebook? Are you curious about how to manage your privacy settings or find out more about your target audience?
How to check who follows you: private user
Individual users without Facebook Business Pages have the ability to allow other users to follow them. This is a common thing among bloggers and some public figures who don’t want to create a separate Page. Here’s how you can enable followers for your personal profile.
- First, make sure that you allowed people who are not on your friend list to follow you. You can do this by clicking Settings, Public Posts, and change the Who Can Follow Me option.
- Keep in mind, this will only show up if you have non-friends who follow you and if you post public posts. You can also do this for other profiles if the user has enabled the feature.
- If you’re not directly able to see the Followers tab, hold your mouse over the More tab, and Followers should appear below. Click on that and you’ll be where the above image shows.
- In case you want to see the total number of followers and see it faster, you can go to the profile and see it in the Intro.
Here is how you can enable Public followers and check your follower list on your smartphone.
If you have enabled this setting on your phone, you should be able to find your followers on your profile’s Intro.
Here’s an example of what it looks like from another person’s profile.
How to check who follows you: Facebook Business Page
Now that Facebook is rolling out New Pages Experience, how many followers you have is what counts. You won’t be seeing Facebook fans for long, so your new metrics will start to reflect the number of followers.
What’s the difference? It’s actually pretty simple. With fans, they used to be able to like your Page, but then they could choose to unfollow you so they wouldn’t see your content anymore. It’s not the best outcome for companies that want to stay relevant to their target audience.
You can check out how many followers you have on your Facebook Page. However, you won’t be able to see who are your most active followers. We’ll show you two ways you can find out how many followers you have, though.
First, open up your Page and click on More. You’ll see the option to find some quick details about your community. Click here, and you’ll be able to see the number of followers, what content your followers posted on your Page, and what posts you were tagged in.
The other way you can do that is by opening up your Facebook Insights to check your follower metrics. On the left-hand side, click on Insights and then on People. While some Pages still have fans, for now, you’ll eventually stop seeing fan demographics.
That’s about as much as you’ll be able to see about your followers. It’s not as easy to hone in on who interacts with your Page the most with Insights.
There’s another way to do that, though. 😉
How to check who follows you: Sotrender
If you’re a business running a Facebook Page and you want to get more involved with your audience, a third-party app might be the way to go. Sotrender can be used as a Facebook analytics tool and gives you the ability to find out a little bit more about your audience. Here’s how we do it:
- Sign up for the free trial (no credit card necessary) and connect your Facebook Page.
- Open up your Audience tab and go to community ranking metrics.
- Now, you should see a list of users who are organized into a number of segments (Occasionals, Likers, Activists, Debaters, and Writers).
And… that’s it! Now if you’re interested, you can find potential community managers and brand ambassadors that way. Sotrender can also help you with your Instagram and Twitter analytics, allow you to provide customer service on Facebook, and automatically generate reports. We recommend checking out the free trial to see if it’s something that could help you out. 😉
Now you know how to find out who follows you on Facebook and how to keep track of them. In case you want to learn more about Facebook, check out our other articles below. 👇
- How do I check who likes my Facebook Page?
- How can my business use Facebook Stories/Messenger Day?
- How do I delete my Facebook account?
Update: this article was originally published by Hisham Itani but has since been updated in 2021.