Before you spend money on Facebook ads, try exporting data from Facebook Insight. You can find out a lot about your audience and their behaviour this way.
Facebook gives you the possibility to export fanpage data from the administrator panel into a report. To download a Facebook report, do the following:
- Go to your Facebook Page and click on the Insights button.
- Click on the Export button.
- In export insights data window choose type of data.
- Choose between Page data, Post data and Video data.
- Choose the date range (it has to be shorter than 180 days) and the file format (.xls or .csv format).
- Click Export and wait for your download to finish.
If you want more detailed reports, you can use a tool like Sotrender. You can get tons of reports with more data and insights than those provided by Facebook.