Before you spend money on Facebook ads, try exporting data from Facebook Insights first. What’s more, you can find out a lot about your audience and their behaviour by generating a Facebook Page report.
Facebook gives you the possibility to export fanpage data from the administrator panel into a report. You can download a Facebook report by following these steps:
- Go to your Facebook Page and click on the Insights button.
- Click on the Export button.
- In the export Insights data window choose type of data.
- Choose between Page data, Post data and Video data.
- Choose the date range (it has to be shorter than or equal to 180 days) and the file format (.xls or .csv format).
- Click Export and wait for your download to finish.
After you’ve completed all of these steps, your Insights data is now ready for analysis.
Facebook Page report generator
If you want more detailed reports that are easier to read, you can use a tool like Sotrender to autogenerate a report. You have access to more metrics, analyses, and different report formats. Click Reporting and Create new to start the process of saving an autogenerated report. You have to pick Facebook as the channel you want to be analyzed and select the rest of the options to suit your needs.
In case you’re wondering how you can generate one for yourself, here’s a step-by-step guide in pictures that should make it clear.
- Select the channel you want, the type of report, the date range, and the profiles you want.
- Choose the report format. There are four types you can choose from.
- Select the sections you want to include in the report. You can read the brief description of each metric if you aren’t sure what they measure.
Finally, generate your report and wait a couple of minutes for the file to download. You can now read about your profile’s Facebook performance with ease.
We have included examples of metrics and their presentation in our Facebook report below for you.
The tips feature is particularly helpful because it provides clear suggestions for what types of posts could improve your Facebook performance. In this example above, the tips give you a few potential solutions for increasing engagement on your Facebook posts.
However, that was just the autogenerated report, you can get various specially-made reports with more data and insights than those provided by Facebook.
Moderation report in Sotrender
One of the many ways that Sotrender’s analytics stand out from Facebook’s Business Manager is that we can provide you statistics about moderation (also known as community management). Now that Sotrender has sentiment analysis of comments, you can also learn more about whether the communication between your audience and brand is positive or not.
Keep in mind that you can’t analyze data before you activated moderation in Sotrender. This means that once you’ve activated moderation, the data will be gathered from then on.
Here’s a brief description of what you can expect from the moderation analytics report:
- User activity on the brand fanpage
- Sentiment of user comments over time
- Moderator response times
- Sentiment per moderator
Simply contact our sales team, and they can tell you more about our reports in more detail.