By including ads in your marketing strategy, you can reach different types of goals than without them. Different types of ads will encourage people to do different things – ads inviting users to visit your website won’t be the same as ads in which you ask them to like your page.
When you choose an advertising objective, Facebook will help you create an ad to meet that objective. You can see the options below:
- Clicks to Website. Send people to your website.
- Website Conversions. Increase conversions to your website.
- Page Post Engagement. Boost your posts.
- Page Likes. Promote your Page and get Page likes to connect with more of the people who matter to you.
- App Installs. Get people to install your app.
- App Engagement. Increase engagement in your app.
- Offer Claims. Create offers for people to redeem in your store.
- Local Awareness. Reach people near your business.
- Event Responses. Raise attendance at your event.
- Product Catalog Promotion. Automatically show items from your product catalog based on your target audience.
- Brand Awareness. Reach people more likely to pay attention to your brand.
- Lead Generation. Collect leads for your business.
- Video Views. Create ads that get more people to view a video.
And, based on these objectives, you can use different types of ads:
- For Traffic and Leads for your website you can choose between Domain Ad (on the right side of Facebook) and Page Post Link (which will appear on right column, in News Feed and on mobile devices).
- For Sales and Leads for your products you can choose whether you want to use a Carousel format of ad (News Feed and mobile), Dynamic Product Ads (News Feed, Mobile, and right column), Lead Ads (Newsfeed and Mobile) and Canvas (only on mobile devices).
- If you want to gain more Likes and Engagement you can use Invitation to Like Page (right column, mobile, and News Feed) or make an ad from photo, video, or text post (News Feed and mobile).
- To encourage people to install the app, you can make an app ad for desktop and mobile, which appears in the News Feed.
- The last option is to invite someone to your event or to use your offer – you can do it with the event or offer ad options, which will appear in your News Feed, mobiles, and the right-side column on the desktop.