UPDATE: Twitter’s basic app card is no longer available as a standalone function, creating an app card must be done with an associated image or video. Check out the links below for more.
A Twitter Basic App Card is a type of Twitter Card that is used to promote mobile apps. Like other types of Twitter Cards, it needs to meet a certain set of requirements.
- Tweet copy: 116 characters are available (24 characters are used for images).
- Custom icon image size: 144 x 144 pixels.
- File types: PNG and JPEG are recommended. We do not accept BMP or TIFF files.
- Title/price: Pulled from the app store.
- Call-to-action options: Install (default if app is not installed), Open (default if app is installed), Play, Shop, Book, Connect, and Order.