You need content. And by content, we don’t mean any random pictures. We mean quality photos that appeal to your audience. It’s not just about the pictures – it’s about getting more fans, boosting your engagement, and improving your performance.
To make it simple: posting high-quality pictures will visibly increase your number of followers.
So how do I take great photos?
Follow these tips when taking Instagram photos – they will help get the most of your content.
- Firstly, pay attention to lighting. Make sure the photos you take are clear and have lighting the set and match the tone of your brand.
- Don’t use the Instagram app to take a picture. It doesn’t have the same capabilities that your normal camera phone has. Just use your phone’s camera app and select the photo from your Library through Instagram.
- Consider the composition of your photo. Make sure everything is in it’s right place, and experiment with different ways of what and where the focus of your photos is.
- Take a lot of pictures. Taking a great photo in one try is rare.
- Follow a theme. Use common tools and similar settings for your photos. Make it clear that this photo is definitely from your brand.
- Images will appear next to previous ones on your profile. Consider how they’re arranged so that they look good together.
- Edit photos. Instagram has a ton of options to tweak and improve your photos. These options include
- Contrast can make your colors stronger or weaker.
- Adjusting the brightness is can make things clearer or unnecessary parts of the photo less clear. It’s often overused, so don’t overdo it.
- Warmth helps set a ‘sweet’ tone in photos. Increasing it will give your photo a more minimalist look.
- Saturation will help you adjust pictures that have too much lighting.
- Shadows and Highlights can hide distracting parts of your photo or highlight important parts.
- Sharpen will make edges harder or softer in your image.
These tips will help improve the quality of your Instagram photos.