Any Twitter profile with a blue badge means that the profile is verified. What does it mean to be verified? It means that the profile is exactly who they claim to be. Twitter approves accounts from users in music, acting, fashion, government, politics, religion, journalism, media, sports, business, and other key interest areas.
Submitting a request
You need a few things before you verify your profile. To complete the form, your account must have the following:
- Verified phone number.
- Confirmed email address (Note: if the account is a company or organization account, the email address associated with the account should be a company or organization email address).
- Profile photo.
- Header photo.
- A birthday for accounts that are not companies, brands, or organizations (Note: this information will be displayed to your selected audience. There are visibility settings available for your birthday that allow you to separately control who on Twitter can see your birth year and who can see your birthday and month in your Twitter profile).
- Tweets set as public in Tweet privacy settings.
For requests to verify individual accounts (that do not represent a company or organization), Twitter requires a copy of an official government-issued photo identification (e.g. passport or driver’s license) in order to confirm the request. Information used for this purpose will be deleted.
Some of Twitter’s recommendations for your profile and account:
- If the account belongs to a person, the name reflects the real or stage name of the person.
- If the account is a corporation or company account, the name reflects the real name of the corporation or company.
- The profile and/or header photo reflects the person, the corporation’s branding, or the company’s branding.
- The bio specifies an area of expertise and/or a company mission.
You can submit a request to verify an account by filling out this form, and Twitter will respond to your request via email. To access the form, you must be logged in to the Twitter account you would like to be verified. If your request is denied, you can submit another request for the same account 30 days after receiving the email from us. If you received a response requesting edits to your account and/or additional information, you can submit another request any time after completing the steps outlined in our response.