Links can be added by using annotations. With annotations, you can layer text, links, and hotspots over your video. They help you enrich the video experience by adding information and interaction.
To add them you have to follow these steps:
- Go to your channel’s Video Manager.
- Next to the video you want to edit, click the down arrow to the right of the ‘Edit’ button.
- Select ‘Annotations’.
- Click the ‘Add annotation’ button on the right.
- Click Apply changes when you’ve finished creating your annotations.
There are five different types of annotations to choose from:
- Speech bubble. For creating pop-up speech bubbles with text.
- Spotlight. Highlight areas in you video; when the user moves the mouse over these areas, your written text will appear.
- Note. Create pop-up boxes containing text.
- Title. Make a text overlay to title your video.
- Label. Create a label to name a specific part of your video.
- ‘Pause’ annotations are no longer available. Moving forward, your old pause annotations will continue to work, but you will not be able to create new ones.
Once you’ve chosen which type of annotation you want to insert, use the settings underneath the ‘Add annotation’ button to change the font size, color, and background color.
Position the annotation in the video by dragging and dropping it within the video player. Use the small black squares in the corners of the annotation to make them bigger or smaller. Annotations have a size limit and they are only allowed to cover up to 30% of the player size. You won’t be able to increase the size of the annotations after that point.